Pages

Monday 16 December 2013

Manali a Perfect Place to Roam Around Apple Trees

If not an apple orchards, every family in the Manali a picturesque hill station in the state of Himachal Pradesh owns apple trees. Apple is part of their life it comes from the art of planting apple tree for years, a kind of ritual, if it is not tradition.


 It is between this picturesque setting with apples all around, you will find antique halcyon guest houses, which you might have never seen before.

I planned for Manali tour and it was something very special for me as I know that this vacation is going to be truly enjoyable and memorable. I landed to Manali, just three weeks before the Apple picking season, though there is no tradition or date to announce for picking of apples. 

But the picking season, usually starts from August 15. It was amazing to see, apple trees all around and you can imagine my excitement when I reached the resort surrounded with the lovely trees laden with apples.

I kept my belongings inside the room and started to go around the gardens. The excitement was so high that I did not take care of taking some rest from such a long journey. It was simply an awe-inspiring experience for me as I could enjoy the lovely surrounding and the picturesque view of the mountains surfing the aromatic air coming from the valleys.

Manali has many apple orchards but the Beas River Valley from Manali to Solang is considered to be best among all. Solang valley is the last valley as from here the mountainous regions start and preside to the North. 

You can enjoy the lovely valleys and the snow capped mountains from here. More of all, the Narrow the road from Old Manali to Solang Valley passes through numerous apple orchards and is also marked as the best hiking roads in Manali.